NFS Stale file handle Error Resolution
Observed as strange behavior for NFS Share. ” df: ‘/mnt/nfsshare’: Stale file handle ” NFS share not accessible, even not able to list the files / directories within NFS Share. NFS stale file handle Error resolution.
NFS Stale file handle Error – How to Fix ?
Actually Stale file handle occurs when NFS server configuration changed but the same as not yet updated to remote client.
The only solution is remount the NFS file system in Client
Use below command to remount
# umount -f /mnt/nfsshare # mount -t nfs 192.168.2.3:/vol/nfshare/nfs /mnt/nfsshare
If still problem persist try to mount NFS Share with the noac option. However not recommend using noac option because of performance issue and Checking files on NFS filesystem referenced by file descriptors may lead to inconsistent result due to the lack of consistency check in kernel even if noac is used.
Thanks for your wonderful Support and Encouragement
- Do Not Miss Interesting and Important Articles: Signin Now
- Download free PDF Books : Download Anything and Everything for Free
- Stay Connected with Us: Facebook Page | Twitt | Google Plus | LinkedIn | RSS feeds
- High Qualitfy Video Tutorials : All Videos
- Still You Have Question? : Ask Us
Click on above colored text to access appropriate page