Restore System Default Permissions in one shot
Restore System Default Permissions
I recently came across a system which had some directories set to 777(recursively), the sysadmin needed to install an application and changed all the permissions a mess, I didn’t know where to start, i find one rpm has a parameter called
--setugids. most useful stuff when you face above situation.
I created a one liner that does the job, it takes time but It works. The same i want to share below is the one, to run this you have to have an sudo access either root access.
1) To reset uids and gids on files and directories :
~]# for u in $(rpm -qa); do rpm --setugids $u; done
To permissions on files and directories
~]# for p in $(rpm -qa); do rpm --setperms $p; done
Thanks for your wonderful Support.
Stay Connected with us. Learn More and Earn More
- Do Not Miss Interesting and Important Articles: Signin Now
- Download free PDF Books : Download Anything and Everything for Free
- Stay Connected with Us: Facebook Page | Twitt | Google Plus | LinkedIn | RSS feeds
- High Qualitfy Video Tutorials : All Videos