Netapp cluster setup can help you Survive a Filibuster
Netapp SAN is a Ranking #2 storage in world. Hot core technology in the world for flash and unified storage models. After Netapp 7 mode version, Netapp is launched Netapp Cluster mode which is called C-Mode. Now we are going to see Netapp cluster setup can help you for first time. How to setup Netapp cluster mode system for the first time. Fresh Netapp cluster mode installation.
Before going to setup Netapp cluster mode filer let’s see prerequisites
- Cabling for cluster mode setup
- Netapp filers should rack mounted properly
- Network connectivity is required for both Management Network and local Network
- Working Master Domain Naming Service server
If you would like to practice the same using Virtual Machine Download ONTAP Simulator
Brand new first time it will ask you to setup cluster management IP address, if you setup that it will ask you for the username to login. OR you have to connect Netapp filer using serial console.
Netapp Cluster Setup start here
First login it will not ask you for password just type user name admin hit enter
After login with admin user run cluster setup
It will ask you two options
Create = Two Create first cluster type create
Join = To join to existing cluster type join
This is our first node we have to use create cluster type create and hit enter
Next option It will ask you whether you want to use single node or multiple nodes..? if you would like to use one node cluster then type yes. In our case we would like to use two nodes so type no hit enter
Will the cluster network be configured to use network switches? [yes]: ↵Enter
Do you want to use these defaults? (yes, no) (yes):↵Enter
i would recommend you to go with Netapp defaults
Enter the cluster name: ArkIT Enter the cluster base license key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
It will below steps to configure cluster
- Network setup
- Replication Server RDB (Replication ring identical processes will run in all the nodes)
- Create Cluster
- System Startup
- Updates volume location database
- Starts cluster support services
Just hit enter for additional license key
Enter port and IP details for Cluster Logical interfaces
Enter the DNS domain names: ArkITcluster.co.in
Enter the Management interface IP details and Hit Enter
That’s it about First Netapp cluster node setup. How Netapp cluster setup can help you.
Second Node Cluster setup
Star second node and setup the IP address to communicate with first node cluster name
Here type join
it will ask for cluster name to provide then provide cluster name
Congratulations your two node cluster setup completed successfully.
Cluster setup is not a HA if it is single node also. Cluster mode usage replication identical accessing information services.
Please do comment your feedback on the same.
Netapp Related Posts
Thanks for your wonderful Support and Encouragement
- Do Not Miss Interesting and Important Articles: Signin Now
- Download free PDF Books : Download Anything and Everything for Free
- Stay Connected with Us: Facebook Page | Twitt | Google Plus | LinkedIn | RSS feeds
- High Qualitfy Video Tutorials : All Videos
- Still You Have Question? : Ask Us
Click on above colored text to access appropriate page