Nagios XI Installation 3 easy steps enable Enterprise Monitoring Tool
Now in all enterprise environments monitoring tool is mandatory to manage N number of Servers with less down time. Here is a Enterprise Monitoring tool for Enterprise, First Step Nagios XI Installation 3 easy steps.
Nagios XI provides Monitoring for Mission-Critical applications, Servers, Network Devices, Services and Server Hardware Monitoring.
- Low cost compare to other Enterprise Monitoring tools
- Multi User support
- Fully Customization as per the requirement
- Integrated Nagvis Support
- Powerful Dashboards
- Capacity planning integrated to predict out of resource
- PHP based application lite weight and faster access
- Client based monitoring (NRPE OR NSClient++) and Client less monitoring (SNMP)
Nagios XI installation prerequisites
- Operating System Red hat Enterprise Linux 5,6 & 7 OR Centos 5,6 & 7
- If it is Red hat it should be registered with Red hat Networks
- Enable Additional Repository/Channel using rhn-channel for Red hat Linux
- OS should be installed in minimal installation (Clean installation is recommended) Do not plan to install anything other than Nagios XI
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- Minimum 20GB hard Disk space
- 1 CPU 2.4GHz
- MySQL Or MariaDB and Postgres SQL Databases
- PHP5 version is required
Nagios XI Installation 3 easy steps to install
Now this demonstration is made by assuming Linux Operating system has been installed with Minimal installation mode and clean installation, OS is either RHEL OR Centos.
Step 1: Download latest Nagios XI package
To download latest Nagios XI package use below command
[root@mainserver ~]# wget http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/xi-latest.tar.gz Connecting to assets.nagios.com (assets.nagios.com)|22.214.171.124|:443... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 50919957 (49M) [application/x-gzip] Saving to: ‘xi-latest.tar.gz’ 100%[=====================================================>] 50,919,957 135KB/s in 7m 17s 2016-07-27 12:04:35 (114 KB/s) - ‘xi-latest.tar.gz’ saved [50919957/50919957]
Step 2: Extract Downloaded package
Extract package using tar command
[root@mainserver ~]# tar -xvf xi-latest.tar.gz
Extracted package will create directory below mentioned
[root@mainserver ~]# cd nagiosxi/
Step 3: Running Installation
In Red Hat Enterprise Linux follow additional step to enable additional channel / repo
[root@mainserver nagiosxi]# rhn-channel --add --channel=rhel-additional-package-7 Username:arkitadmin Password:
Note: Above step does not required in Centos. Do not enable extra repositories.
[root@mainserver nagiosxi]# ./fullinstall Your system $PATH does not include /sbin and /usr/sbin. This is usually the result of installing GNOME rather than creating a clean system. Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to $PATH. ======================== Nagios XI Full Installer ======================== This script will do a complete install of Nagios XI by executing all necessary sub-scripts. IMPORTANT: This script should only be used on a 'clean' install of CentOS or RedHat. Do NOT use this on a system that has been tasked with other purposes or has an existing install of Nagios Core. To create such a clean install you should have selected ONLY the 'Base' package in the OS installer. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
This above step will do below things to complete Nagios XI installation 3 easy steps
- It will download and install required packages using yum
- It creates an user & group (nagios & nagcmd)
- Installs MySQL and Postsgres SQL databases
- It set default username and password (root & nagiosxi)
- Add an entry to /etc/services (nrpe ndo2db and nsca) (ports 5666, 5667 and 5668)
- Default it ad sudoers entry for nagios user
- Firewall ports should be enabled
- Crontab entries to run Nagios XI monitoring
- It installs mrtg & rrdtool
- GUI screen require ajax to run
After successful installation
Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check RET: 0 Login appears okay Cookies appear okay import appear okay export appear okay NagiosQL data imported OK. RESULT=0 Running './F-startdaemons'... Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart httpd.service Restarting ndo2db (via systemctl): [ OK ] Restarting nagios (via systemctl): [ OK ] rm: cannot remove '/usr/local/nagiosxi/var/subsys/npcd.pid': No such file or directory NPCD was not running. NPCD started. Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart crond.service Daemons started OK RESULT=0 Running './Z-webroot'... RESULT=0 Nagios XI Installation Complete! You can access the Nagios XI web interface by visiting: http://192.168.4.11/nagiosxi/
First time login
Nagios XI installation completed successfully.
If your Server does not have Internet connection you would like to install Nagios XI in offline mode, it is possible by installing all required packages and its dependencies manually.
Nagios XI is a Enterprise Monitoring tool, will be available in low cost.
Thanks for your wonderful Support and Encouragement