Configuring Cluster Node – C Mode Netapp
In this article we are going to learn configuring cluster node Netapp step by step guide.
Configuring cluster node Netapp step by step guide
Booting the DataONTAP Simulator 1st Node
1. Open the simulator vSphere client console, press Ctrl-C for the Boot Menu when displayed on the screen.
2. Once the boot menu is loaded, select Opt 4 ” Clean configuration and initialize all disks.”
3. At the zero disk, reset config and install a new file system prompt, type “yes” or “y” and press Enter. Confirm the selection and press enter.
4. The simulator VM restarts and will continue the initialization process.
Note: Do not interrupt this process as it might result in corruption of the simulator disks.
Creating the Cluster
1. At the “Welcome to the cluster setup wizard” screen you will be prompted to create or join a cluster. Since this is the first node in the cluster type create and press enter.
2. When prompted “Do you intend for this node to be used as a single node cluster”, continue with the default no and press enter.
3. Allow the cluster network to use network switches and press enter.
4. When creating the cluster interfaces (e0a & e0b) you have the option of keeping the system defaults or changing the network defaults during the cluster configuration.
5. Once the cluster interfaces are created, enter the name of your cluster & license key(s).
6. Create a cluster admin password.
7. Enter the required network information for the cluster management interface.
8. Enter the required network information for the node management interface.
9. Cluster creation is now complete.
10. Management for the NetApp cluster or node(s) is now accessible via CLI or GUI (browser based) by downloading the OnCommand System Manager.
11. To validate your cluster setup via CLI, log in and run “cluster show.”
Please provide your valuable comments…..
Thanks for your wonderful Support and Encouragement
Stay Connected With Us. Learn More and Earn More